Friday 25 March 2011

Up-keep

I think one problem I have with desciding what I want to do with my work is that I spend too much time with my head down and now enough time peering over the issues and the real life events happening right now.  For example I am very passionate on am emotional level about the preservation of historical artifacts such as buildings, forest land, bridges and general wildlife.

So I have been looking around for something to provoke maybe even anger and certainly passion for, which will filter into my design and hopefully focus my ehtical standpoint as a designer.

This was published in the Telegraph in 2007, it is not current, but shows exactly what pisses me off.  What a bloody cretin.


Demolished listed house must be restored

A millionaire who demolished a £2 million Georgian house to rebuild it as "something straight out of Footballers' Wives", was yesterday ordered to spend £500,000 on restoring it to its former glory.
Andrew Hazell, 45, did not seek planning permission for the sweeping changes he made to his six-bedroomed, Grade II-listed home.
A court heard planners were "appalled" at the damage that Hazell had inflicted on the 250-year-old house, which is set in 58 acres at Shirenewton near Chepstow, south Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment