Tuesday 1 March 2011

Cancún Debate : Proposed Final Range

I not keen on uploading every single design I do, I think it is fairly pointless to see how I have kerned a bit of body copy by -5 or whatever. If it is working, it is working and if it not I will change it. To me things like kerning body copy are a 05 typography module exercise and that now I can quickly lay down type with appropriate proportions.
Instead I have focused on how the dynamism of the layout effects the hierarchy and accessibility of information.

The grid has changed now. Before I was using a 5 column grid. I am interested in the way the grid affects communication, as I am not yet convinced that the grid necessarily leads to more effective communication. But after layout this publication in a tidy 4 column grid I have decided the poster should follow suit. I used to not like the 4 column grid, but now it seems to be almost perfect for any job that does not require a large variety of information. I will stick with this grid, maybe changing it to and 8 column if it












No comments:

Post a Comment