Friday 25 March 2011

Briefs & Continuations

To get the ball rolling once again after finishing several small and one large brief I had a brainstrom of potential directions to take my work.  Some are extensions of briefs while other open up new subjects that I want to explore.  These will have to be researched of corse, which is why thi is labeled DC.

Briefs Concerning Culture
  • Talk to the debating society at the Uni or at the student union in the college. Ask about current issues they are discussing and if there is any work they may want done.  These topics may lead to live work as well as a self exploration into communication and objectivity.

  • Thee debating club itself may need promoting, so an identiy / printed awareness of them may be in order.


  • The Cancun poster brief that I quickly turned around a few weeks ago is open to expansion.  Though it also acted as a gateway into an interst of mine which is current affairs.  As there is so much happening in the world at the moment it would be interesting to explore the topics and discussion events around the world.  Potentially making for working in foreign languages  and in a a number of culture sectors.  I.E. Theatre, art, design, politics...
Preservation
  • I feel passionatly about things with heritage and objects, places, ideas and ways of life that are wirth maintaining.  For example subjects such as nature, the hedgerow, listed buildings, parks, pubs, bridges...etc.  I will look into local issue around Leeds as well as London in search of such examples.  This may lead to interesting and objective resolutions.

  • I went for a cycle down the canal yesturday to get away from the studio for a bit.  However the canal wasn't really that nice.  I was a little suprised by how industriel the whole ride was but thought there was a chance to think about the aradox of nature on one side of the cycle path and the industriel works the other.  Using double spreads as the format.
Allumni
  • I need to check the Allumi blogs and context books to get an idea of what to ask studios and the tone in which to ask it.  I know I need to be myself, but the words are coming slow.
Misc Interesting Things
  • The opeining of an event or a place.
  • A fair or a festival promotion
  • Bycycle branding and promotion
  • Whisky branding and packaging
  • Climbing brand, with the concept of 'REACH'

No comments:

Post a Comment