Thursday 24 March 2011

Book Fair : Leeds Uni Book Fair

I missed the Leeds Uni book fair last year, regretably. So this year I thought I would use it as an oppourtunity to explore a theme that is interesting to me and may well be benefitial to the visitors to the fair.

After researching for my dissertation I found a number of useful quotes from designers and theorists that helped me put into perspective what objective graphic design was.  I feel as though in design there is too much style and not enough objective solutions.  So I compiled a body of quotes to produce in a typographially visual way to sell as posters and a book that would inform and guide students as well as experienced designers who empathised with them.

I proposed to create a series of at least 6 posters that would be 2 colour (black and red) as well as a stock.  The remaining quotes would be complied into a book of around 20 pages, split in to sections relevant to their theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment