Wednesday 23 March 2011

OK-RM

OK-RM has an ideology or a design stratagy that is very akin to my ambitions.  They aim to be objective through communication and thoughtful in design concepts, relying heavily on typograpy to get the message accross.

A worry of mine is that I am taking on too many briefs and not developing the side of my design that I really want to work on.  I do want to be different, or at least challange the perception of what may be expected, while being objective and ultimatly effective in communicating.




This is a grat identity and promotional campaign.  It is very simple but entirly effective.  It is identfyable in the street, on walls and accross printed material.  The format of the printed promotion is an addition to the visual which the choice of a 2 sided stock again re-inforces the brand and event.



Colour is under used in my work.  I have made a point of using just black and white with perhaps one other colour for a while, this was to fully understand the possibilities of minimal hierarchy through scale, weight and layout.  However colour is calling me back again and I want to do something vibrant so very much.  These covers for a series of books are typographically exciting, but also very colourful and therefore they cannon be ignored.



I love book and publication design, one reason is because of the interplay between spreads.  There is a naturural pause created when reading, this has been established over hundreds of years.  The pace at which we read and the words we see can have a profound effect in print.  They can be conceptual, witty, thought provoking or simply entertaining.  This is just an exaple of what OK-RM have done to do such a thing.  Can I work for you please?


No comments:

Post a Comment