Tuesday 17 May 2011

Design Context : Book Layout 02


The content is racking up now and the layout is systematic. The order is not at all final yet but is coming into focus. I know all of the sections. They are not chapters, that seems far to straight forward. Instead I want this to be an interesting book that shifts its focus every few pages in order to keep the reader thinking, and not just absorbing. A nice quote I found while researching went something like, 'A designers book is like his own little world.' If this is true then why would I want to read a logical straight forward, spoon-fed book. No way, give me something that hits me in the face when I turn the page. Bold red, reverse out, body copy nicely layed out. Mix it up, keep it interesting but keep a focus on responsibility and discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment