Wednesday 18 May 2011

Book Fair : Series Poster Development

After a re-think of the project as a whole I have taken into consideration the shift from a bunch of products for sale at a book fair, to a wider, more commercial and wide ranging brief.

So to make this work I have decided to re-print some of the posters in two colour, straight from the printer.  Oh no! They are no longer collectable prints, big whoop... the message is still there is it not?

To go with the message I have proposed an additional item to act as a replacement to the book, should the buyer not wish to purchase it.  It is a poster that has some of the best quotes and posters designs on it.  On the back there is a very long list of the quotes that I collected while researching.  The short paragraphs that explain the contextualisation are still there and are aligned to the relavant designs.  This will be a nice feature.

I am thinking of printing it on a transparrent stock, so as not to make it a piece of design that should be hung on a wall and admired, but instead resource for designers to look at and draw inspiration a guidance.








I had been aligning the quotes on the back to the grid set out for the front content, but I think it would be more interesting if instead it sat in a free grid, still measured to the format, but so it was easier to read and functioned better.  Not something I would usually do, but I should give it a shot.  Printing tomorow will give the yes or no.




I have mocked an overlay of what it may look like when printed.  It looks interesting to me, certainly dynamic for such a rigid grid structure.  I am happy with it, cant wait to print it now.  I am thinking A1. Oh yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment