Tuesday 10 May 2011

Cancún Debate : Printed Mock







When I printed the mock I noticed some ghosting of block colours on the ‘Building City Walls’ spread.  I knew why it had done it but didn’t know how to stop it from happening.  Basically I have used the multiply blending option to create a colour inside to the white text.
I tried to make the alterations to stop this from happening but couldn’t figure it out.  Eventually I had to call in Mike who was also a bit stumped.  He then remembered something he had tried before, involving converting type into a graphic image, then expanding the compound path, grouping the two images and then making a new compound path.  This worked and we had a little high five moment of success.  So that was good to learn something as valuable as overlaying block colour onto white text.  I can see this happening in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment