Saturday 7 May 2011

Cancún Debate : Flier Development

I have put this into one post because I not think it is worth spacing out across several.  There has been a lot of development of format, but they were fairly pathetic by comparison.
Basically I had some time at home over Easter to get my teeth into the concept and came up with this folding method that allows for a very flexible layout as well as the application of the concept which is ‘Opening up Questions’  such as ‘Can we agree on funds’ Can Cancún make a significant impact’ or for the invitation ‘Can you attend?
When I made this format I did not feel the need to try anything else. It worked conceptually and aesthetically, and in an intellectual manner for the audience.














The introduction of using imagery and more colour is clearly a good idea.  I had a small one on one chat with Tim and he suggested trying a gradient, on top of that I used the image of the sea waves.  This was a cool moment, because if I put the gradient from top to bottom it looked like the sea, and if I flipped it made it look like rolling hills.  This links back to the discussion event topics of sea and sky.  Nicely done.

The switch of typeface to Franchise for the front of the flier also makes the event more approachable for a potentially wider audience, not just the intellectual folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment