Wednesday 23 February 2011

Cancún Debate : Approaching the Poster

As I received this brief as a quick turn around poster design (2 days) I wanted to push myself to make something interesting almost instantly.  Now the thing is 9writing again in the future) Jo said he really likes this layout, as do I, but as this is a substantial brief I must push on and try new things. 
I am aware that designing for communication within the public sector requires an emphasis on the message and not the technical ability of the designer.  For me this poster is sexy, if I am aloud to use that word to analyse my own work.  It worked at the event too, I good news from the person I did the job for that more people than ever turned up for their discussion event, so I succeeded there.  But being sexy does not reach the public, they don’t care, so I owe it to myself as a designed aiming to push my ability to empathies with the audience to re-direct the design to make it more accessible and draw in a wider interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment