Saturday 12 February 2011

Break out Lucille : Logo

The Leeds based band, Break out Lucille, were looking for someone to design them a logotype. The brief required only to deliver a logo within the next two weeks in preparation for an up-coming gig, however I would like to expand the brief into a wider range of promotion.

We arranged to meet up for a group chat to establish some kind of quick brief. The guitarist Jo linked me to their myspace and their gig photography to give me an idea of what tey were like.

In preperation for the meeting I designed three potential logos, each based on the indipendent unsigned band concept. In the meeting the band agreed with the design I felt was most successful; as well as discussing changes and variation.











That weekend I attended a gig of theirs at The Well. It was a great gig by the way, and the logo I proposed to them had been scrawed on a toilet wall, which was cool. Seeing it there in context as it were made me realise that the shape of it without the letterforms was recognisable in itself. This would be a strong visual symbol of the band and could be incorporated into layout, grids and format descisionsand well as further promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment